Watercolor Workshop with Paul Jackson
January 15-18, 2024
Painting the Luminosity & Transparency of Glass in Watercolor
Internationally recognized and acclaimed watercolorist, Paul Jackson,AWS~DF, NWS, will be hosting a watercolor workshop January 15-18, 2024, from 9:30am-3:30pm. Join master artist Paul Jackson and learn to render the transparent and luminous qualities of glass in watercolor. You’ll learn to reduce the complexity of painting glass by breaking down each element into basic shapes as Paul guides you through a painting, illustrating the principles of design color, value, composition and the mechanics of watercolor.
Paul’s suggested materials list is below:
- Paper – 1 sheet of Arches watercolor paper, 140lb, 156 lb cold press/356gsm or 300lb cold press.
Paul will demonstrate on a 1/2 sheet (20×26″) of156 lb cold press/356gsm)
- Painting board – large enough to fit 1/2 sheet of paper.
- Palette – Paul uses the Quiller palette, but any large watercolor palette will do.
- Water containers – at least 2
- Paper Towels
- 3 round watercolor brushes, pick a small, medium and large
- 2” flat wash brush
- 1 small, cheap brush for masking fluid.
- Masking fluid
- Any other watercolor supplies you normally use. ( kneaded eraser, graphite paper, exacto knife, sketching pencil, masking tape…)
- Paint -Bring the paints you normally use*. Paul will be using his Paul Jackson Signature Watercolor Paint Set by Da Vinci Paint Co: Aubergine, Bora Bora Turquoise, Cabernet, Cowbell, Deep Dark Blue, Deep Purple, Electric Lemon, Envy, Fireball, International Orange, Jackson Blue, Kathmandu Alizarin, Marigold, Masters Yellow, Portrait Pink, Rockstar Pink, Sienna Fire, Submarine Yellow, Ocean, Ultramarine Dream
*Matching colors from other professional brands will suffice.
Cancellation 30 days or less prior to the workshop start date: Registration fees are non-refundable but you may transfer your full payment to a workshop of the same kind within one year.