Virtual Zoom Watercolor Workshop with Paul Jackson
March 11-13, 2022
Painting Shiny Things in Watercolor
Internationally recognized and acclaimed watercolorist Paul Jackson, AWS, NWS, will be hosting an online Zoom watercolor workshop March 11-13, 2022 from 10am-12:30pm and 1:30-4pm Central Time. Join master artist Paul Jackson and learn to paint objects that shine and redirect light. Whether it’s glass, metal, or a highly polished stone, learn to render its magical sparkle convincingly.
You will need an internet connection and a device with audio/video capabilities. You will receive the Zoom invitation link after you have registered.
Paul’s suggested materials list is below:
- Paper – 2 sheets of Arches watercolor paper, 140lb, 260lb (aka 156 lb cold press/356gsm) or 300lb cold press.
Paul will demonstrate on a 1/2 sheet (20×26″) of 260lb – (aka 156 lb cold press/356gsm)
- Painting board – large enough to fit 1/2 sheet of paper.
- Palette – Paul uses the Quiller palette, but any large watercolor palette will do.
- Water containers – at least 2
- Paper Towels
- 3 Round watercolor brushes, pick a small, medium and large
- 2” flat wash brush
- 1 small, cheap brush for masking fluid.
- Masking fluid
- Any other watercolor supplies you normally use.
(aka: kneaded eraser, graphite paper, exacto knife, sketching pencil, masking tape…)
- Paint – Bring the paints you normally use*. Paul will be using his Paul Jackson Signature Watercolor Paint Set by Da Vinci Paint Co: Aubergine, Bora Bora Turquoise, Cabernet, Cowbell, Deep Dark Blue, Deep Purple, Electric Lemon, Envy, Fireball, International Orange, Jackson Blue, Kathmandu Alizarin, Marigold, Masters Yellow, Portrait Pink, Rockstar Pink, Sienna Fire, Submarine Yellow, Ocean, Ultramarine Dream
*Matching colors from other professional brands will suffice.