Virtual Zoom Watercolor Workshop with Paul Jackson
October 20-24, 2022
Painting Santa in Watercolor
Internationally recognized and acclaimed watercolorist Paul Jackson, AWS, NWS, will be hosting an online Zoom watercolor workshop October 20-24, 2022 from 10am-12:30pm and 1:30-4pm Central Time.
Join Master artist Paul Jackson and learn to paint portraits without fear as he demonstrates his layered approach to skin and facial features. Paul will instruct you on all the special techniques it takes to paint a dramatic and convincing portrait of the world’s most elusive celebrity, the one and only Santa Claus. Imposters abound, but Paul has an inside connection that keeps him off the naughty list. Join us for the instruction and antics that ensue. Possible special appearances: Puppy – the Murder Floof, Yoki barking at deliveries and the fat man himself. Register now before you get busy and forget!
You will need an internet connection and a device with audio/video capabilities. You will receive the Zoom invitation link after you have registered.
Paul’s suggested materials list is below.
- Paper – 2 sheets of Arches watercolor paper, 140lb, 260lb (aka 156 lb cold press/356gsm) or 300lb cold press.
Paul will demonstrate on a 1/2 sheet (20×26″) of 260lb – (aka 156 lb cold press/356gsm)
- Painting board – large enough to fit 1/2 sheet of paper.
- Palette – Paul uses the Quiller palette, but any large watercolor palette will do.
- Water containers – at least 2
- Paper Towels
- 3 Round watercolor brushes, pick a small, medium and large
- 2” flat wash brush
- 1 small, cheap brush for masking fluid.
- Masking fluid
- Any other watercolor supplies you normally use.
(aka: kneaded eraser, graphite paper, exacto knife, sketching pencil, masking tape…)
- Paint -Bring the paints you normally use*. Paul will be using his Paul Jackson Signature Watercolor Paint Set by Da Vinci Paint Co: Aubergine, Bora Bora Turquoise, Cabernet, Cowbell, Deep Dark Blue, Deep Purple, Electric Lemon, Envy, Fireball, International Orange, Jackson Blue, Kathmandu Alizarin, Marigold, Masters Yellow, Portrait Pink, Rockstar Pink, Sienna Fire, Submarine Yellow, Ocean, Ultramarine Dream
*Matching colors from other professional brands will suffice.