Join Paul as he demonstrates how to paint the transparency and reflective qualities of glass and metal. No matter where you are in your artistic journey, join us for this rare opportunity to observe Paul’s style and approach to painting. Reach the next level of artistic confidence and ability as Paul helps you explore design, color, value, textures and patterns. Through informal lectures, discussions, demonstrations and critiques you will be guided in refining your personal painting style. Come prepared to find logical and creative answers to your watercolor problems.Paul will demonstrate the versatility of watercolor paint. You will learn how to mix colors using a limited palette and how to work in thin layers of washes to build up luminous colors. Paul will lead you step-by-step with illustrations of the painting process. Emphasis will be on what makes a good painting, planning the entire picture area, the importance of thinking through the composition, good division of shapes, value planning, what to communicate about the subject, and how to correct mistakes.
If watercolor is your passion, then this highly energized painting workshop is for you! Paul’s stress-free, positive approach toward the act of painting will inspire you to loosen up and have fun. Hope you can join us!
- Paper – 2 sheets of Arches watercolor paper, 140lb, 260lb (aka 156 lb cold press/356gsm) or 300lb cold press.
Paul will demonstrate on a 1/2 sheet (20×26″) of 260lb – (aka 156 lb cold press/356gsm)
- Painting board – large enough to fit 1/2 sheet of paper.
- Palette – Paul uses the Quiller palette, but any large watercolor palette will do.
- Water containers – at least 2
- Paper Towels
- 3 Round watercolor brushes, pick a small, medium and large
- 2” flat wash brush
- 1 small, cheap brush for masking fluid.
- Masking fluid
- Graphite paper (large sheet)
- Any other watercolor supplies you normally use.
(aka: kneaded eraser, exacto knife, sketching pencil, masking tape…)
- Paint -Bring the paints you normally use*. Paul will be using his Paul Jackson Signature Watercolor Paint Set by Da Vinci Paint Co: Aubergine, Bora Bora Turquoise, Cabernet, Cowbell, Deep Dark Blue, Deep Purple, Electric Lemon, Envy, Fireball, International Orange, Jackson Blue, Kathmandu Alizarin, Marigold, Masters Yellow, Portrait Pink, Rockstar Pink, Sienna Fire, Submarine Yellow, Ocean, Ultramarine Dream
*Matching colors from other professional brands will suffice.